26 April, 2006

Hmmmm. Link rot

Turns out that if you change the title of a post, the archive links fail. I may be able to fix it by rebuilding the index. Just thought I'd make note of this little blogger quirk, though.

(Discovered while mining through the Romans 8:4 posts to put together the final study. The ball has been in the air for a while, but I have not dropped it!)

Update.
Yep, republishing the entire blog did fix the broken links in the archives. It would not, however, fix any permalinks that had been set up outside of this blog. On the ridiculously slim chance that someone were to permalink to a page of mine, I would hate to break it by changing the post title. Therefore, I will give up the idea I was playing with of changing the post title whenever I wanted people to know what I had updated.

You link and learn, or you don't link long.

3 comments:

Milly said...

<*-*>

Anonymous said...

You're allowed to keep the 8-ball up in the air on Rom. 8 for as long as I keep it up in the air on "The Perfect Church".

I'd say let's race, but I think I'll refrain.

John said...

That's one of the problems with Blogger -- once you have a title, you're stuck with it. But it is free....