By the same token, I want to try again already. You see, there's this verse that's been on my mind for 2 weeks. So, I am going to launch another Bible Study here in a day or two. I figured this might be a good place for everyone to leave any critiques, thoughts, enhancements on the first one.
- Passing the whole study around really got bulky in a hurry! I felt a little daft for not predicting that one from the start, but I never claimed to be a prophet.
- It was still fun to get everyone's thoughts, in their own way, at their own depth. Much more fun than just studying the verse alone and presenting my conclusions. More complete, too. Everything from Dee's short take, to Milly adding the chapter in context, and Danny Kaye bringing in Hebrews was really great.
- I'm a big fan of study tools, so on the next one I will probably use some of them.
- I think maybe the person who starts the bible study should probably aggregate all the comments on their own site. Some people will have little thoughts that can be put in the comments, and others will have big thoughts that deserve their own posts. Either way, the person who called bible study is responsible to aggregate all those thoughts into a coherent(-ish) post at the end.
- Maybe the bible study should consist of at least 2 rounds. The first round would be brainstorming for questions. Everyone should bring up everything they can think of that might be confusing about the verse. After there are some questions on the table, I think the study might be more interesting.
Your thoughts? What did you like? What would you like to see different? Anyone else got something on their mind before I play again?