04 January, 2006

BCM: #1, Step 1, Pick a verse - The Narrow Way

Mat 7:13 & 14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

If you would like to play along for the first Blue Collar Meditation, this is the verse I chose.

At first glance, it may not seem to be a verse I would have trouble with, but it is. I don't see how God could write that all you have to do is confess with your mouth to be saved, and then write that the gate is strait. How can both things be true?

The next step will be to come up with some questions about this verse. I'll be back in a day or two with my questions.

No comments: