06 February, 2007

Engaging God: Daddy Moments

The angels stand before the throne, and fly above and around it, singing, "Holy! Holy! Holy!" They praise the Lord night and day, and we enter into that praise.

We enter into it, and then we blow right by it.

There is praise available to us that the angels cannot know. We are not His servants, as the angels are, but His children. We are healed by the tenderness of His love.

The vast emptiness of space knows His enormity. The heat of the galaxies knows His power. The balance of the solar system knows His architecture. The cycle of life on earth knows His precision. The wild animals know His provision. The angels know His purity. But from the smallest microbe to the vastness of the universe to the greatest of His spiritual servants, none of
them can add to His praise the things we experience of Him.

He lavishes His care on us.

Tender! Tender! Tender, is the Lord God our Daddy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

pearlie said...

We are not His servants, as the angels are, but His children.

I am thinking about this. I dunno, I may be delving too much into it.

We are called to be children of God. (1 John 3:1) Does the word "called" have any implications?

How about Paul who usually labels himself "servant of Christ"?

And how about this: We are not His servants, as the angels are, but His children. (John 15:15).

Kevin Knox said...

Interesting comment, as usual, Pearlie.

I'm not sure what to make of it, because your first and second reference argues that maybe we are not really children of God, and then your last reference argues that we are. John 15:15 seems to me to make it pretty clear that we are His children.

I love your question, though, because it drove me back to Hebrews. I read the whole book looking for the other shoe to drop! I often forget just how much that book is about Jesus, Jesus, and more Jesus. Wow.

Not until chapter 12 does the author pull the curtain. There are lots of places where the book tugs it back just a little, but not until this late stage is any proof given that the children are His children.
Heb 12:7
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?


Hebrews 1-3, though, is just astounding in regard to angels as servants, and even to us who believe. I'm sure the books of John make us children more times than that, but I am out of time tonight.

Love your questions. :-)

pearlie said...

Hey Codepoke,
I am slow at getting to this :) ... been quite lazy lately! I won't apologise though! LOL

dealeth with you as with sons;
And the beauty is even though I am female, I too am a "son of God".

I read the whole book looking for the other shoe to drop!
Good on you! I would not be able to do that in one sitting -- or maybe I should just try it. Will be a challenge.