12 June, 2007

Faith versus Confidence

I was calling my previous posts, "raw." Well, they were first drafts for sure. Here, let me give you one that I really think should be a post some day with illustrations, feeling and a point, but that I'm pretty sure will languish.

This is really raw.

In our culture, stepping out in faith is stepping out in blind optimism. A mature man doesn't step out in faith, but in confidence - and that confidence requires a reason. Even so, our faith needs to be a confidence in God, not a blind leap.

Any faith that doesn't have a reason is no faith at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any faith that doesn't have a reason is no faith at all.

Great Codepokeism. So good.

kc bob said...

The scripture seems to be all about walking (not running or leaping) in faith. It is all about the next step not the next leap. Too often we want to leap in haste rather than walk in patience.